Shaun of the Dead 4K Blu-ray Review

Nayfne

Distinguished Member

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Thanks Simon, could you just clarify about the Audio please? I see a mention of Dolby Atmos( on the tags/banners at the beginning) and the SQ review stating DTS-X..many thanks for a great review. 👍
That's my bad, I mistakenly added the Atmos tag. It's DTS:X as per Simon's review. Changed now.

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
That's my bad, I mistakenly added the Atmos tag. It's DTS:X as per Simon's review. Changed now.
Thanks Cas, much appreciated. You and simon keep up the excellent work. Spending my hard earned on these discs keeps my food bill and water rates at a minimum:thumbsup:

Evinger

Excellent Review. While I still don't think I want to shell out for the Trilogy, will have to pop this one onto the Rental list

Coulson

I would have already bought the trilogy but the
price is £60 which is double the Amazon US price. Someone had even commented on it.

Garrett

FevreDream

I like the movie but it’s not one I particularly feel I need to own in 4K. Probably stick with my Blu Ray for this.

vader100

Any way of getting this on its own? Can only see it as a trilogy and, after the poor Hot Fuzz review, don’t want the full set in 4K.

FevreDream

Any way of getting this on its own? Can only see it as a trilogy and, after the poor Hot Fuzz review, don’t want the full set in 4K.
It will be available region free in the US individually in November but currently not in the UK.

Last edited:

IGC

As I mentioned elsewhere I'm hoping to get it for a bit less than £17 delivered from either New Zealand or Australia.

Just need to wait and see and keep an eye on the £'s value.

Coulson

Finally watched this last night and the picture quality is a definite step up from the Blu Ray. It's not that there is suddenly a lot more detail or wow colours. But increased contrast does make a visible difference and overall it just looks like a much better picture. The audio is DTS-x. That's really all you need to know if you have heard other DTS-x tracks before :) A massive upgrade on the Blu Ray.