Sharpest DLP projector under £2500 ?

davejones87

Ex Member
Reaction score
Your thoughts ?

:thumbsup:

DLP is generally considered to be the sharpest, but that can also depend on the lens it has - some DLPs are sharper than others because of it for example.

Having said that, when being tested for MTF over on avs (Mark Peterson did the testing and posted the results), the JVCs performed better than expected.

This thread may be of some interest:

MTF Revealed - AVS Forum

Gary

Keep an eye out for Marantz or Sim2 PJ's that use the custom Konica Minolta lenses. I don't recall ever seeing anything sharper that resolved more detail.

Hi Davejones87

My Sim2 HT380 is for sale at the moment if your interested, im sure Gary will tell you how good a projector this is.

Keep an eye out for Marantz or Sim2 PJ's that use the custom Konica Minolta lenses. I don't recall ever seeing anything sharper that resolved more detail.

AFAIK Sim2 don't use Konica Minolta lenses. The last info I had was that many Sim2 models use Fujinon lenses. :)

Some manufacturers offer lens throw options to cater for specific install needs. Generally a longer throw lens option produces better results. Install specific optical zoom and/or shift can also affect lens performance.

Avi

Last edited:
AFAIK Sim2 don't use Konica Minolta lenses. The last info I had was that many Sim2 models use Fujinon lenses. :)

Some manufacturers offer lens throw options to cater for specific install needs. Generally a longer throw lens option produces better results. Install specific optical zoom and/or shift can also affect lens performance.

Avi

I stand corrected :smashin:

I think the newer Samsung projectors (A008 & A009 IIRC) are supposed to have some of the best lenses and sharpest images along with accurate colour.

Gary

I think the newer Samsung projectors (A008 & A009 IIRC) are supposed to have some of the best lenses and sharpest images along with accurate colour.

Gary

Cant find any info searching google for samsung A009 :confused:

Have they been released in the UK yet ?

Yer to much money those Samsungs!. Think am gona go for a BenQ W6000 or Optoma HD82 fro around the same money

Hi Daveyjones

Dont know if you saw my previous post but might be willing to part with my sim2 for £2500

I think the Sammy's were going for a lot cheaper in the USA recently - seem to remember reading a thread about them over there. Shame they're not as cheap here.

Gary

Think I have narrowed it down to 2 Projectors now W6000 or HD82

Any idea which one is sharpest and overall better ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom