Question Sharper image with Trumotion on!

RED_Martin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 49UH668V and, with Trumotion on, 4K images are noticeably clearer/brighter/sharper than with it off. To my eyes they look like the set is only showing HD when it is off. However, those sharper images come with the Soap Opera Effect.

My question is can you get the gorgeous picture without having SOE? If so, how?

Thank you very much.

It's an illusion. It's the SOE that makes things SEEM sharper and more life-like. That's why I love SOE. Unfortunately, the more life like the motion becomes, the more the artefacts start to rear their ugly head....Finding a balance with TM is really hard sometimes.

The best general setting without SOE is dejudder 0 and deblur 10, this will increase motion resolution from 300 lines to 650 lines.

Deblur just creates halos around things for me. Always at 0, but DJ @ 4. That's my set and forget for everything now and artifacts are rare.

The best general setting without SOE is dejudder 0 and deblur 10, this will increase motion resolution from 300 lines to 650 lines.
Anyone know where this figure comes from? I've heard things like this quoted before, but in my extensive testing of various settings, deblur doesn't do anything at all for movies when dejudder is at zero. You get exactly the same strobing and juddering at 0/0 or off as you do at 0/10. Only dejudder helps, but it does create artefacts.

3dbuff has done a load testing with slow mo shots to see how each setting behaves and found that dejudder affects low frame rate material (15-30 fps?), deblur does the same thing but for higher frame rate material (50-60 fps?)..... Something like that.

Personally, I'm sure I sometimes see a difference using a combination of the two, although this is difficult to determine, since the issues that arise from using tm can be so random, fine one minute and mental the next. But I'm very sure that dejudder 0/deblur 10 does absolutely nothing for movie content what soever :)

Anyone know where this figure comes from?
]

Yes, my understanding is that deblur does nothing for 24p material, even with dejudder set to on. I understood it only had an effect on 50hz, I have played around with it and can definitely see the difference on 50hz material, but cannot on 24p. I leave it off though as I find it creates halos around moving objects.

Anyone know where this figure comes from? I've heard things like this quoted before, but in my extensive testing of various settings, deblur doesn't do anything at all for movies when dejudder is at zero. You get exactly the same strobing and juddering at 0/0 or off as you do at 0/10. Only dejudder helps, but it does create artefacts.

3dbuff has done a load testing with slow mo shots to see how each setting behaves and found that dejudder affects low frame rate material (15-30 fps?), deblur does the same thing but for higher frame rate material (50-60 fps?)..... Something like that.

Personally, I'm sure I sometimes see a difference using a combination of the two, although this is difficult to determine, since the issues that arise from using tm can be so random, fine one minute and mental the next. But I'm very sure that dejudder 0/deblur 10 does absolutely nothing for movie content what soever :)
This has been confirmed in many reviews when testing different oled models, obviously when it comes to 24fps content it's not going to make it look much better since the frame rate is so low judder will be present in everything to a certain degree, but yes it does improve motion res to 650 lines with no side effects.
I use 0/10 for everything.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom