Sharpe DVD Boxset Remastered

nheather

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the remastered version of the SHarpe DVD boxset.

If so do you recall whether it has been converted to 16:9 from the original 4:3 like the BluRay release.

For the BluRay I understand that many of the first films are presented zoomed to get the 16:9 but the later ones are not that bad because although they were shot in 4:3 the camermen were advised to be aware of possible widescreen conversion in the future.

I've looked on quite a few online retailers but they don't give this sort of information.

I will try and find one in a store to check but in the emantime, if anyone knows I'd be pleased to hear.

Also is there a significant picture improvement.

BluRay isn't an option because this will be a Christmas prsent for my father who doesn't have and probably won't ever have BluRay.

Chers,

Nigel

In answer to my own question it is 16:9 whereas the previous sets have been 4:3.

Since my dad still has a 4:3 TV I shall be getting one of the original sets.

Cheers,

Nigel

Get him a new 16:9 TV all the programs for a good long time now are all 16:9:)

By the way the answer to you first post it seems it was shot in 4:3 but was shot with it being croped to 16:9 in mind (see the Sharpe Thead in the Blu Ray forum). I dont know about the remastered DVD but the Blu miles and miles better then the broacast quality.

In answer to my own question it is 16:9 whereas the previous sets have been 4:3.

Since my dad still has a 4:3 TV I shall be getting one of the original sets.

Cheers,

Nigel

he has a what , that must be wortha fortune now lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom