Sharpe DVD Boxset Remastered

nheather

Distinguished Member
Has anyone tried the remastered version of the SHarpe DVD boxset.

If so do you recall whether it has been converted to 16:9 from the original 4:3 like the BluRay release.

For the BluRay I understand that many of the first films are presented zoomed to get the 16:9 but the later ones are not that bad because although they were shot in 4:3 the camermen were advised to be aware of possible widescreen conversion in the future.

I've looked on quite a few online retailers but they don't give this sort of information.

I will try and find one in a store to check but in the emantime, if anyone knows I'd be pleased to hear.

Also is there a significant picture improvement.

BluRay isn't an option because this will be a Christmas prsent for my father who doesn't have and probably won't ever have BluRay.

Chers,

Nigel

nheather

Distinguished Member
In answer to my own question it is 16:9 whereas the previous sets have been 4:3.

Since my dad still has a 4:3 TV I shall be getting one of the original sets.

Cheers,

Nigel

Garrett

Get him a new 16:9 TV all the programs for a good long time now are all 16:9:)

Garrett

By the way the answer to you first post it seems it was shot in 4:3 but was shot with it being croped to 16:9 in mind (see the Sharpe Thead in the Blu Ray forum). I dont know about the remastered DVD but the Blu miles and miles better then the broacast quality.

djcla

In answer to my own question it is 16:9 whereas the previous sets have been 4:3.

Since my dad still has a 4:3 TV I shall be getting one of the original sets.

Cheers,

Nigel
he has a what , that must be wortha fortune now lol

Trending threads

Top Bottom