sharp z9000-which screen ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by paulsa, Jul 3, 2004.

1. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I`ve had my sharp z90000,for over 2 years now..........still think it`s good :) ,I`ve been watching it all this time on a 7` wide, white blackout blind,so me thinks it`s time to `upgrade` to a proper screen,if anybody has got or used this projector, could they shed some onfo on what `gain` ( if any) I should go for ? I`ve used a greyhawk ,and i didn`t like it, i felt it made the picture lose some of it`s punch,any help or experiences with this,is much appreciated

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a Z9000 for a while & quite liked it too ;). I'd suggest a matte white 1/1.2:1 gain screen. If black levels are an issue you could try a filter etc.

Will move this thread to the screen forum shortly.

:smoke:

3. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oooops sorry for posting in wrong section,it`s been a while since I`ve been on :blush: .
    Many thanks for the info,who would you recommend for a 7` wide screen with that kind of gain,manual or electric.
    I gather with you mentioning a filter the black level may be compromised a bit by the `gain` of the screen,so what filter would you recommend and how else would this affect the picture ?.
    When I first got the PJ I read many reports on the American AV forum about using colorfacts(is that correct ?) to calibrate the pj to give better results than standard,but due to my inexperience decided to leave it alone,it was `set -up` by Gordon (used to work with Stereo Stereo in Glasgow) and I`ve used his settings ever since.
    I was going to change it for a Z10000 when it first came out, but decided the improvement was not worth the extra cash...........in my humble opinion :)
    So I`m upgrading my amp for a Denon 3805,and the screen is next in line.......just to put you in the picture,I really wanted a CRT but I didn`t have the space :( ,so I would like the black level to be as deep and detailed as poss,obviously within the limitations of the DLP Pj