1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp XVZ9000E ?????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tekmonkey, Apr 14, 2004.

1. tekmonkey

tekmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody own or have a good working knowledge of this machine, I have been offered one new at a silly silly price.

So what it comes down to is a face off between a old 1280*720 and new 1024*576 & 1280*720?

thoughts and opinions welcome.

Thanx.

2. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    saw one at my demo at nexnix last month; thought it looked pretty nice but can only compare it to the z200 for a 2k+ dlp.. if the price you can get it for was like nexnixs offer of 2.5k+vat that they were making to me then id be pretty tempted :)

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +613
    Have a read on www.avsforum.com there are loads of people comparing the 10K with things like the BenQ8700 and necHT1000, and the 10k seems to be loosing out most of the time, so it would have to be very cheap now.

4. JohnWH

JohnWH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I demoed the 9000 against the 200 when I got the 200, I didn't think it looked any better than the 200 other than being a bit brighter, the 200 actually looked sharper and was a lot smaller!

Obviously if you had a plentiful source of HD material the 200 wouldn't be your logical choice....

John.

5. tekmonkey

tekmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the record I've been offered it at £1500 plus the dreaded. So you see why I'm really tempted, despite having another proj, one for bedroom would be cool. ;-)

T

6. JohnWH

JohnWH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Hmm, cheap, I'd have probably gone for that over the 200 if they'd have gone that low. I suppose its becuase the 9000 is getting a bit long in the tooth now, its been supersceeded twice over now i.e 10K and 12K.

John.