1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Xvc20e

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Oliv83, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Oliv83

Oliv83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I want to buy a first video proj and find one (occasion) for arround 700 $ US.
    Does this a good Video proj to start with ?
    What's about the price ?:rolleyes:

Where can I found info about it (URL, tip & tricks)

What's could you advise me
    Thanks

2. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it would be better to wait a bit longer and save for another budget projector like the Panasonic or wait a bit and see what other manufacturers bring out. The projector specs for the Sharp seem very bad and will only produce a 60" image at best with a lumen rating of 60!..yes 60 not 600!. Also the bulb seems expensive to replace for such a low lumen rating.

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/VideoProjectors/Sharp/SharpXV-C20E.shtml while it got a favourable review at the time projectors have improved A LOT over the last few years let alone 5 years ago.

James

3. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically, it's crap! :)

I looked at these too whan I was looking for my first projector. I never had a chance to see one for myself but look at the specs:

480x400 resolution
    60 ANSI-lumen
    only composite and s-video
    The bulb is insanely expensive, around $700 I think. I have a friend who worked as a tech on these.

The C20E doesn't support anamorfic 16:9 but it doesn't matter because the resolution is so low. That's how low the resolution is! :)

I recommend you look for a used Sony VPL-CS1 or CS2 instead. They probably go for around $1000 and up. The Sonys support component in too. A Sharp XG-NV1E (NV1U for US-models) can probably also be found for $700 or less. That's a much better projector than the C20E, and it has a 832x624-resolution.

Tor Arne

4. Oliv83

Oliv83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to surch a new one ! ;)

5. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: