Sharp XV7000E vs. Sanyo PLV-30E?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by asokas, Apr 6, 2002.

1. asokas

asokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am completely new to home cinema projectors. Over the last few days, I have seen the Sharp XV7000E and the Sanyo PLV 30E projectors.

Which do you think is the better machine? I did like the Sharp. However, it received a somewhat mixed review in "Home Cinema Choice"; something about 27 dead pixels, whatever that means.

I also understand that Sharp has a XV9000E model available too. Does anyone know if this model is vastly superior to the 7000E, and what is the difference in price?

Regards,

AKS

:)

2. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go for the Sanyo (got best buy in HCC). People do go along with the HCC reviews. I'm wondering if people would have kept the Panny 100e if HCC slated it. A while ago HCC slated the Sony1070 cause it didnt rate too well with their ears. Then people decieded to sell their 1070!. I want Pany owners to be honest here!

3. asokas

asokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

That's very interesting. When I saw them, I actually preferred the Sharp.

Having said that, I did not see them in the same place or with the same film. I saw the Sharp with Disney's "Dinosaur" and was impressed with the sharpness of the picture. I saw the Sanyo in another place, and watched digital output from satellite TV. In the latter case, I thought the Sanyo was rather fuzzy.

Of course, it could be argued that the Sharp would have been too, if I had seen the same material.

Another thing. From what I can see, the Sharp XVZ7000E is in the £4500 price range whilst the Sanyo is in the £2500 or so. Hence, the "Best Buy" would surely refer to that price range?

Also, how seriously should I take that review (which is on this website, by the way) about the dead pixels? From what you seemed to imply, the answer might be "not very"?

Asoka