Sharp XV-ZW60E is it any good??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Deba, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Deba

Deba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Anyone got or had a Sharp XV-ZW60E projector?, about to buy one one second hand any views anyone?.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in reply, i owned the above for about 3 years and in that time i was more than happy with it. that was until i saw the panasonic ae 100. in my honest opinion the ae 100 is much better in terms of pq, brightness, contrast etc..the w60 is a well featured pj but is looking a bit dated (also huge in size). i managed to sell my w60 with about 450 hours used for £1300 and bought the ae 100 for £1350. if you are getting the w60 at a rock bottom price then go for it (£700-800) but anything more go for the ae 100.

i am very happy with the ae 100 there is quite a significant difference in pq,..hope this helps..

abs

3. Deba

Deba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply abs,

the price is £1000 with only 298hrs use, so cant complain as i'm on a tight budget. As iam comming from a barco 801s i know ill see a difference in quality but should suit my now smaller room space. When I move i'll probably go back to a crt pj. May even re-sell the sharp if iam not happy with it when i pick it up on sunday.