Sharp XV-Z91 vs Screenplay 4800?

QT13671

Standard Member
I'm looking at getting my first projector in the next couple of weeks and was trying to decide between the Sharp XV-z91E & the Screenplay 4800.
There is a £600 price difference and was wandering if anyone has had chance to see the two of them in action?

I ruled out the Themescene H30 last week after a demo as it was awfull with dark scenes (battle at the begining of Gladiator used) it just couldn't cope properly with the different dark shades and just merged them all together to the point of not being able to make out what was happening.

The Sharp handled them really well but i can't seem to demo a 4800 so can't see if it suffers similar problems to the H30. The 4800 however does seem to be winning every budget award going at the mo.

Can anyone help me???

Cheers

Daz

CYRUStheVIRUS

Im so disappointed that the H30 was poor as i was going to demo this tommorow, i have also seen z91 and although its not a true 16/9 machine i thought it looked superb and did not see any rainbows in my half an hour viewing. They have 4800 near me i will go and see.
Whats the price you have been offered z91?

QT13671

Standard Member
I Have been quoted £1800 from my local sevenoaks dealer. The H30 was just my opinion. The brightness was good and other colors looked good i just felt that the darker shades let it down in comparison to the sharp.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom