1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp XV-Z90E DLP Projector PAL Progressive Problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ROSSCO, Sep 1, 2003.

1. ROSSCO

ROSSCO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having just delved into the Home Cinema experience a couple of years ago, I decided to purchase a projector and a Progressive Scan DVD player.
    I eventually opted for the Sharp XV-Z90E long throw projector (to fit my living room) and the Denon 2900 DVD.
    The main feature I wanted was to view Region 2 DVD's in Progressive scan mode. However after setting up the equipment, I have found that the projector only shows 9/10ths of the image horizontally when on Progressive Scan mode.
    The settings on the DVD player and the projector have been set up correctly, so I can only assume that this could be a software fault with the projector, as I have tried it out with similar quality DVD players.
    Can anyone help?? I feel completely disappointed with this as the picture quality is amazing.
    :confused:
    Yours in anticipation

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi & welcome.

What aspect ratio DVDs? 2.35:1, 1.85:1? I haven't heard of this problem before which would lead me to believe there isn't one.

Some DVDs won't fill your screen. Maybe try some others & have a good look in the manual/menus again.

If you still can't solve it, come back to us.

:smoke:

3. ROSSCO

ROSSCO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kramer, thanks for getting back.

The problem is where the actual centre of the picture has shifted 10% to the right. I managed to get a response from Sharp today where they have informed me there is a Pal Progressive update (only available from them!) for this projector that was built prior to March this year. It turns out that mine was built in January according to the serial no.. The patch is being sent to my local dealer whereby they will install it on my projector.

The fault only lies on Pal Progressive outputs. Lets hope it fixes it.
    I can only suggest to anyone who has bought the XV-Z90 or the XV-Z91 to find out when their machine was built and to get the update installed if need be.

Regards
    Rossco

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I was wrong :blush:

Hope the patch goes OK for you - I'm sure it should. Strange no-one has mentioned this before. I'd imagine that prog. scan would be the norm for an expensive PJ like this.

Best of luck anyway :)

5. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I have encountered this problem with the Sharp XVZ90 and early serial No.s of the Z91.
    The software upgrade is availble from Sharp and cures the problem.
    They say that 4% of the picture is missing off the right hand side but it looks more like 10% to me. After the software upgrade it all looks ok.