1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp XV-z90E & 91E Lens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by timothywood, Jul 29, 2003.

1. timothywood

timothywood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 90E version and found that I couldn't get the picture to fill my screen due to the lens throw. Seeing recent articles in magazine it appears that the 91E has a new short throw lens which should overcome my problem. Does anyone know where I can get this lens and if so is it a dealer fix or could I swap it myself. Any idea of cost ?

2. Ricco

Ricco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do not think Sharp do the lens as an option as you would have to strip the unit right down to the optical system to replace the lens on this unit.
    By doing this, lenses either cannot be replaced by the likes of us or it is not an optional extra.
    My best advice would be to either contact a lens manufacturer or reseller who sells OEM lenses and try to find a clip-on lens for your projector.

Best of luck.....

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Tim:

PM me tomorow morning and I'll see what I can find out for you.

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    There are no lens options from Sharp available, there may be from a 3rd party company.

Regards