1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp XV-Z2000 - New HD2 720P Model

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by theritz, Sep 10, 2004.

1. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    New Sharp DLP 720p on the way, USA announcement Click here

Some PR speak......

The references to "portable" suggests that it won't have the physically presence of the Z9/10/12000 range. It''ll be interesting to see how that price translates for the UK and Europe..... $4499 translates to £2499, that'd give the Optoma and Mitsubishi a fright but prices rarely translate directly..... but all, as ever, depends on wheel segments/speed and ultimate real-world picture performance. Still, all good news, the more variety (particulary at the 720 level) the better..............

Sean G.

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    To me it looks a little like the Hitachi TX-100. Pics can be seen here

3. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've been following the AVS Forum talk on the Z2000 launch.

Sounds like it's gonna be a good projector at a good price.
    In a way, I wish I'd held onto my money and not purchased the Z200 (Which I am vey happy with BTW), but then we could all say that about any purchases.

Wait and see what the price is for the unit in the UK, looks like it will be a very similar price to the Z200.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    It was at CEDIA USA sitting beside an almost identical unit called XV400 or somethign like that. Both had identical specs. Te only difference the woman on the stand could tell me was the colour.......didn't get to see it going. However they also had a 10,000 and a 12,000 sitting beside them making 4 HD2+ DLP's from one company. I suspect its unlikely they are going to make them all similar performance.

Gordon

5. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    This all sounds very interesting. I bet your gonna have trouble choosing the right model to sell. :eek:

I noticed the yanks never picked up on the type of processor used.
    From what I've found out on my searching around tinternet, :confused: the Z12000 has Sharp CVIC processor that matches the Faroudja (I think this is right), and the Z2000 has a Pixelworks chip.
    My Z200 has Pixelworks and many functions are limited on this model apposed to the Z10000 (That I was looking at also).

IYO, what unit appealed to you the most at the show?

6. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Not a problem for me. I don;t sell Sharp.

The DWIN unit which isn't avalable in this country looked nice as always. The SIM300E thingy was pretty good. Sony HS51 was the first LCD projector I would consider looking at myself but I'd want to see it in better conditions before commiting myself to a thumbs up.

Big Sony Qualia looked super cool this time. It had issues but then all projectors do.

Samsung DLP was pant wettingly good in the demo they did despite not black black.

Best not to comment on some of the other stuff as it was too distressing.

Gordon