1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp XV-Z200/201 and HD935

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Whyshirley, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Whyshirley

Whyshirley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Samsung HD935 and am currently on the hunt for a projector, most likely a Matterhorn based one.

The sharp XV-Z201 looks like it is worth a look, but the question of DVI DVD players and projector compatibility looks to be a bit of a minefield.

I've seen some posts on here that suggest this combo works OK - can anyone confirm ? (JohnWH?)

It seems there might be a problem with the projector recognising 576P signals over DVI?

Alternatively, is anyone using any of the other Matterhorn projectors with an HD935 - I don't want to upgrade the player just yet.

Thanks folks! :smashin:

2. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've got the combination and have no problems.
    The Z200 recognises the signal as 580P, but it is 576P when you take out the teletext lines. Great combo.

3. Whyshirley

Whyshirley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that - I feel more comfortable buying the Sharp now. At least if there are problems, I now know they're not fundamentaly incompatible!

Just got to get the projector now... :smashin: