1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp XV-Z10000 - PriceJapan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mystex, Feb 25, 2003.

1. mystex

mystex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've currently got a SONY HS1 which I've had for 18 months now and now looking for a BIG upgrade. I've read through the various threads about PriceJapan and now find myself in a new projector bracket. (Budget of about £4000). I've seen the Sharp 9000 for about £3000+VAT+delivery,etc, but the Sharp 10000 is another £1000 on top. Do you think I should hold out and save up the extra cash, or is the difference between the two not worth the extra wonger? PriceJapan's prices are so tempting why oh why did I checkout their site!

2. Cornelius

Cornelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's exactly what happened to me.
    Ordered the Z9000 as I was convinced the extra 1K wasn't worth it.
    Got an e-mail bacl from Kaneda saying they had Z10000 in stock and I'd have had to wait 1 week before they could ship the Z9000.

At the end of the day I wanted the most up to date product that would last a year (or two;) ).

If I ordered the Z9K I would have always lived under the cloud of the Z1K being better.
    If I ordered the Z1K I would have time to settle down/tweak until the Z11K release by which time I'll be thoroughly happy with my Z1K.

Is the difference worth £1000? probably not.

CKA

3. mystex

mystex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your thoughts, thing is I don't want to be wanting to upgrade again for some time, so I may follow suit and go the extra hog. I'll wait until I've sold my SONY first though, at least that will offset it by a few hundred quid! (hopefully).

4. tahirti3

tahirti3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cornelius,can i ask what you actually ended up paying for your z10000,including any vat or duty?
    also are you happy with the pj,are the controls etc etc in english.
    thanks
    ti

5. Cornelius

Cornelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PJ £4341.7
    Duty NIL
    VAT £384 (i.e invoice reduced by 50%)

Easy to convert menu to English. Downloaded pdf from :http://www.sharp-usa.com/files/hom_man_XVZ10000U.pdf

Very impressed:clap: with the PQ and will post a review after exams next week.

CKA.