Sharp XV-320P

A

Ashley23

Seen this cheap at auction. Anybody know if it is any good for entry level projector viewing.
Thanks

I thinks its European version of the XVC1e, I have seen the XVC1e running and the chicken wire effect is very obvious. Have a look at the XVC20e instead, much better picture for not much more money. If you find some cheap ones let me know! :)

It's not the Euro version of the xvc-1e but a slightly older model.I still own an xv315 which is virtually the same model(the 320 just lacks secam compatability).I used my 315 for a couple of years and was quite happy with the picture (providing the picture was kept to less than 60 inches diagonal).It has about 320000 pixels(more than the xvc1e) and the picture is noticably sharper on ntsc sources.I must admit that the picture now looks awful compared to my Philips 4100 (1.4K pixels).I wouldn't pay more than £400 for one and as Gee says the xvc-20 is a much better projector.

i have one which im about to flog for £250!!
good picture especially in close up obviously loses detail in larger scenes but
v watchable.I have just replaced a few weeks ago

If you do buy one and it needs a clean,a company called T.P Maintenance in Manchester are very reasonable.Sharp gave me their number and they did a good job for little money (about £40 if I recall correctly)

Hi Ashley

I bought it in 1997, and have used it on average about once a week for films and footy. The bulb is still fine though it will probably need replacing soon.
All people who have seen it are v impressed.
It takes video (yellow) imput, & SVHS.
Also switches automatically to NTSC, SECAM ,PAL.

i have contacted Sharps suppliers of spares to find out and i will let u know when i get a reply, i think it will be in the £250-300 region, (rough guess)

Spacecat, if Ashley23 doesn't buy your projector let me know, I might be interested! ;) (how many hours has it been used for?) Cheers, Gee

Hi Gee in terms of hours i really dont know
just what i said in previous message.
All i know is the bulb has not failed and the indicator to say it is coming to the end of its life has not appeared.
No one has made an offer so if your interested let me know .

Cheers Pete

Asheley and Gee
the price of a replacement bulb
is £275 inc VAT and delivery in UK.
let me know if interested
first offer of £250 gets it !!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom