• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sharp xr-10xl replacement pls help decide on new projector

Porkyss

Standard Member
Hello
My sharp xr-10xl bulb went out so i replaced it in less then a week later the bulb actullay popd and broke glass

i just bought a ps3 and got a HD direct tv box so i am thinking its time to upgrade a little

we watch everything on it from playing games to watching tv and there is always some ambient light like my wife reading a booko or something so i need something that puts out atleast same amount of light as the sharp the projector is aprox 13' away from screen

the picture quality was real decent in my opinion but i woulkd like something that has a hdmi connection i am looking to spend under 1,000 for a new one can someone please help me there are so many differnt ones and i keep reading and reading the posts it goes from the hd20 to vivitek to epsions so many choices
I am hopeing that with the information i gave that mayb some reccomendations are possible
how is Dell 1610HD 3500 lums ? Epson TW2900 ?

forgot to say i dont care about 3d
:lease:

Last edited:

Porkyss

Standard Member
lost of views no replys
can u guys please let me know if i should even just buy abulb for mine
im also thinking about epson TW3500

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Porky as you are putting a HD source through it I wouls not go for the Dell, the PJ you had and the Dell are business/education projectors so are bright for that purpose but not so good on the quality of picture. In fact the Dell is not true HD just HD ready. Depending on your budget I would go for the Epson TW3500 and you will see a big difference from your old Sharp especially with Blu-ray and the HD channels.

You do not mention a screen size? Here is a calculator for checking:
Epson Europe EH-TW3500 Projection Calculator - Throw Distance and Screen Size

You will find that as yours was a business/education PJ instead of a home cinema PJ then the throw ratio would have been better, after a quick check the sharp gave a 106" diagonal from 13ft and the Epson gives 98".

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom