SHARP XD1e Full screen issues with xbox 360? >>>>

C

chris_TV

Hi anyone, this seems the best place when it comes to Sharpe XD1e's so heres the rub:

• Got my lovely 42xd1e to run sadly only 720p where it can do 1080p via the vga input from the composite cables they supplied - Im happy enough till they release the HDMI cable for the 360 (long story).

• Secondly I want to stream my .wmvs to my tv using the 360 - it works, but really oddly, I seems to shrink the video to a really, really small size and the tv has no options to stretch the signal up?

My brother has a setup the same as mine only he has a sony that does full screen? so my question is: Have I got a duffer of a TV that wont scale up? And should I try any software to reconvert the files to a bigger HD res to fill the screen?

Tearing my hair out... Please help? :lease:

The supplied cable is not VGA, it's component (red, green and blue cables) and composite (yellow cable).

When using component, have you tried 1080i?

I have a sharpe xd1e - apparently its only 1080 on the hdmi slots, not the vga, I use an adapter that comes with the tv from composite to vga

I have a sharpe xd1e - apparently its only 1080 on the hdmi slots, not the vga, I use an adapter that comes with the tv from composite to vga
1080p via HDMI and 1080i via component. The adapter is a component/vga adapter not composite.

1080p via HDMI and 1080i via component. The adapter is a component/vga adapter not composite.

ok, ok - my fault - but that dont make any change to my issue? I've after effects and was able to reencode the stream to 720p in wmv, it works great. But that kinda sucks! I wanted the screen to do what my bros sony does and just work.

Help anyone?

why not select 1080i on the X360?

You must not own or know the sharp xd1e dont support 1080 off the VGA or any other input other than the HDMI. I have tried however just in case I read wrong but no - its no use.
The Componet input (ie, component selected via the shared VGA adapter) DOES support 1080i.

You must not own or know the sharp xd1e dont support 1080 off the VGA or any other input other than the HDMI. I have tried however just in case I read wrong but no - its no use.

Chris you aint reading what he is saying, the VGA doubles up as component, its internals are component as well as VGA it doesnt matter what external socket is, you can use component with the included adapter then in menu you set this EXT to component and you can do 1080i but not 1080p.

I get the impression that he doesn't know the diffrence between 1080p and 1080i

Here's a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080i

Btw. the Xbox360 will never get HDMI cables without some kinda of analogue to digital signal converter (since the internals in the xbox is analogue).

And that would mean yet another external "box" like the HD DVD drive addon.

The X360 is capable of outputting digital signal (the GPU likely to have an T.M.D.S transmitter built-in like X800 and X1K)but currently, the video signals are routed through the video encoder designed by Microsoft and ATI.

It'll be pretty stupid for MS to design a console that can't output digital signal at the time when HDCP was as major issue.

thanks guys, I am educated on the inputs. I was told that the set cant do 1080i - so im off to test that out. However someone else wrote that lcds are progressive by design? So does it work interlaced?

Again thanks and sorry for the confusion.

They take a " I " source and show you it as " P " but thats not same as source being " P ", I think CRT are all Interlaced.

thanks guys, I am educated on the inputs. I was told that the set cant do 1080i - so im off to test that out. However someone else wrote that lcds are progressive by design? So does it work interlaced?

Apart from being a 1080p TV the set is HD Ready and so by its very definition, and as has been proved by other owners, the set MUST accept 720p AND 1080i by HDMI/DVI and component.

I'm thinking of buying one of these sets but I'm worried that is does not have component inputs listed in the specs, how do you connect a component lead to it from my 360 and do I have to buy something extra to do this?

I would rather not use VGA as I prefer the colour through component.

Thanks for any advice :)

It accepts 1080i and de-interlaces it to 1080p (well, kinda) .

Whoever told you that the XD1E set cant do 1080i it talking utter rubbish. LCDs can display interlaced signals perfectly ;)

They do 1080i fine but pic on screen you see on any LCD is Progressive,by nature, CRT are Interlaced.

I don't actually have one of these yet (however I've got one on order) but from my understanding it comes with an adapter that allows you to connect a component device via the vga port. This means that you have to decide whether to use vga or component as you can't connect both at the same time but from the sounds of it this shouldn't be a problem as you are just looking to connect your 360.

I don't actually have one of these yet (however I've got one on order) but from my understanding it comes with an adapter that allows you to connect a component device via the vga port. This means that you have to decide whether to use vga or component as you can't connect both at the same time but from the sounds of it this shouldn't be a problem as you are just looking to connect your 360.

Thanks, so I couldn't connect my PC at the same time like I can with my Samsung. This is the only reason I haven't ordered as it looks the perfect set apart from the component input problem. Does anyone know if their is any loss of picture quality with this adapter?

Also does this TV do 1080p through VGA/Component?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can connect your PC same time as another 1080p source even as 2x HDMI's (PC use DVI to HDMI cable), your Xbox 360 would use component into the included adapter that fits the TV's VGA socket.

No its all over forum 100x, you only ever get 1080p with HDMI on this TV, that includes a DVI to HDMI lead for your PC, it will run 1920x1080p 50hz and 60hz.

Chris you aint reading what he is saying, the VGA doubles up as component, its internals are component as well as VGA it doesnt matter what external socket is, you can use component with the included adapter then in menu you set this EXT to component and you can do 1080i but not 1080p.

sorry, a bit 'thick' and newbie to hdtv/xbox360, but bear with me.

are you saying, I can use my VGA lead (xbox 360 official) plugged into my xd1e via the adaptor, select it as component (on the sharp), set my xbox360 to 1080i and ad get all the advantages (i.e. upscaling etc) ?

TIA

Col

I would say yes you will get 1080i even though VGA is only 1280x1024 max (I think) because the VGA is also internally wired for Component after using a menu setting your set, I cant tell you the res cause I used a SD DVD player, I will try get the onscreen info from that though.

Edit, sorry blue bar at top where info appears dont tell my a res for that, but does if I use PC.

I was in your boat a few months back - from what I read VGA is actually better, but its hard to see the difference, I use the cable that came with the 360 and its great, I do however want 1080p and not i as its new 1080p games coming soon.

On another point the 360 I think actually scales up 720 to fit to 1080, so its mabie not important in the end. My set is amazing and well worth the cheap price tag compared to the sony.

You can use a PC and a xbox 360 at the same time- DVI-HDMI to EXT 5 or 6, and xbox to the VGA/Component shared input.

VGA inputs allows 1360x768, HDMI 1920x1080. So for PC's you'll get native, and Xbox 730p

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom