1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Vs Phillips

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Hyp3rion, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Hyp3rion

Hyp3rion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I more or less had my mind made up that i wa going to get the 32" Phillips 9986 (providing i can find a software ver 2.1 out there!) but having read so many posts about the sharp screens i am having a small re-think.

I was under the impression that all the 37" sharps had an av box, is this the case? Can someone give me some direction as to which model will be best for my needs?

I watch alot of footy through NTL cable which will be fed via RGB scart into JSLabs rgb-component convertor then into the Denon 2805. Other stuff will be modded xbox using component out and sony dvd also component out. Denon will do all the switching so its just the 1 component cable to the tv, as the plasterer is arriving tommorrow it would be very difficult to change this setup :p .

your help is appretiated

2. Hyp3rion

Hyp3rion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

Would i be correct in saying that the Sharp 37GA4E does NOT come with a seperate av box and has component video connectors on the back?

3. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Only the the LC-37GD1E has an AV box, I bought the LC37GA4E which has side speakers that you do not need to attach, the GA3E is the same but with a bottom speaker. I feed mine SKY+ thru RGB Scart and DVD via component.
    http://www.sharp.co.uk/aquos_tv/range/products/product.asp?id=36
    It looks really neat without the speakers. :smashin:

4. Hyp3rion

Hyp3rion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jimg
    Im glad you replied mate, i was looking through your previous posts but i wanted to make double sure about the av box. I agree with you on the looks, without the speakers attached it looks great with a nice slim bezel and should look the part on the wall. Did you wall mount yours? if so did you use the sharp wall mounting bracket?
    Just one more question, what type of power cord/connector does it use, is it 2 core or 3 core?
    Thanks for your time

5. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    No, mine is on the stand but still looks good, the power lead is 2 core. :smashin:

6. Hyp3rion

Hyp3rion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet!
    Im sold then :thumbsup: