Sharp VCMH835HM VCR

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by rockyglw, Aug 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi
    I am thinking of buying one of these vcr's for £99.00. Can anyone tell me if they are good value and also if the picture and sound quality is satisfactory. I this vcr fairly quiet in terms of mechanical noise please?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,600
    To be honest JVC and Panasonic make the best VCRs by far at the moment - personally I wouldn't consider anything else (JVC models are normally cheaper). Why not consider the JVC HRS5965EK - a SVHS deck which you can get for just over £10 the price of your Sharpe VCR from somewhere like www.rgbdirect.co.uk

Alternatively, if your sure you don't want SVHS, take a look at the JVC HRV605EK (also available on that site).

I should point out I've only quoted RGB because I know the link - if you look around other online dealers you might be able to knock a few quid off.

I appreciate this doesn't really answer your question but I think you'd be better off with a JVC or Panny.

3. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Rasczak have bought the JVC HR-S7965. Stunning pictures and sound in VHS and SVHS.
    Can any one tell me if it is normal for there to be a little picture jitter whilst the B.E.S.T. function is operating. Always a bit neurotic having shelled out the green stuff. Thanks