Sharp v Tosh

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Shall, Jan 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Shall

Shall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

The Perfumed Ayatollah has just released some post-Xmas cash, so the home cinema / computer room can progress.

The new LCD will be viewed at about 8ft as a telly, and "normal" distance on a desk as a PC monitor. That being the case, I thought 26" / 16:9 would be the largest sensible compromise.

After reading countless tests, and this forum, I had narrowed the search down to Toshiba 26WL46 and Sharp LC26GA4E. Specific points to consider:

As I will be sitting close to the screen as a PC, I am not worried about full screen display - in fact, it could make my eyes go funny. As long as I get the equivalent of, say, a 17" TFT, I'd be happy.

As a telly/DVD display, I obviously want the best piccy I can get, least smearing etc etc, and the most future-proof. I like the idea of a separate connection box which I think the Sharp has, if it means a single tidier cable up to the screen.

And of course, I like a bargain if there is one going!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

2. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    simple sharp

3. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: