Sharp/Unsharp - Hints Tips ?

Interesting how people use different methods.

I use usm with these settings, which work for me.
Amount =100%
Radius = 0.5 or 1.0
Threashold = 0%

Thanks again to all who've contributed so far - much appreciated :thumbsup:

JIm

As an aside (I use USM usually by the way, and apply it to the luminosty only) I do a lot of selective sharpening. I wrote this quick tutorial on how I do it. Most of you will probably know all about it but might come in handy for someone out there :)

Thanks for that :smashin:

Jim

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but can you guys post a couple of before and after processing photos to illustrate what happens. Thanks

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but can you guys post a couple of before and after processing photos to illustrate what happens. Thanks

Good idea :)

Jim

Hmmm - yes, i find it a whole less brutal, unlike USM

You need to have the layer marked as overlay - your image will then look darker.

I also use this method, I can sometimes end up with 3 different hi -pass/sharpen layers:eek:

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

Before

299564-albums335-picture2976.jpg

After - Photoshop Elements 7 - USM - Amount 100%, Radius 0.7%, Threshold 0%

299564-albums335-picture2977.jpg

With Radius of 1.0%

299564-albums335-picture2979.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these SevoloW - much appreciated - the enhancement is quite subtle but noticeable.

Thanks again :smashin:

Jim

Your welcome Jim, but I must point out that my post processing skills is pretty limited. I am certain some of the others here can chip in with more detailed pp. I am keen to see the different flavours of sharpening others use.

Your welcome Jim, but I must point out that my post processing skills is pretty limited. I am certain some of the others here can chip in with more detailed pp. I am keen to see the different flavours of sharpening others use.

Me too - I didn't even know that there were differnet approaches tilll this thread :D

Jim

sharpening is the utopia I am seeking, took some today and soft soft soft, unless I get a quick reliable way to sharpen in PS CS3 then I might seriously consider flogging it all and getting a bridge camera that does all the processing incamera and lets me see "What I saw" if you know what I mean:(

How are you shooting Cherokee, and what with? It may be a simple technique error that's frustrating you. Post up an example with the EXIF data (or just the shutter, aperture, ISO and what lens).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom