1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp TV problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Sulley75, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Sulley75

Sulley75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Hi all.

We have a 28" sharp tv. Its not bad, but i havent been impressed with it from the start. However, we got Sky+ installed last week (very impressed!!) and a few days after that, we noticed the screen started to flash slighty, like someone was altering the brightness. We noticed it mostly at night, and i have a normal aerial, gamecube, xbox, dvd and sky plugged into it via scarts (3). At 1st i thought it was just the sky box, but it happens on all that is plugged into it.

So my question is, do u think it is the tv?? We have seen a few ones that we like, but we dont want to buy one if its not the tv. The sharp has a few niggly things wrong with it that makes us want a new one, like the rgb scart port needs supporting with a peg or something, or the sound only comes through one speaker!!!! also the volume - button is pushed in and also the volume display sometimes STAYS up and we have to turn the tv on and off to get rid of it.

Bottom line: does this sound like a tv fault? Oh, also i have taken everything out of it, and plugged it all in individually, and it still flashes.

Thanks for any help.

Gary.

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Skydive,

Sounds like you've got a poor connection somewhere, which has been provoked whilst altering your set up.

Like all intermittant faults, it's going to need patience and a bit of luck.

Not very scientific I know, but can you bring on the fault by thumping the TV?

Is it possible to swap scart cables to eliminate those?

Perhaps, with all the problems you list, it's time to give up!

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,932
    Yes it is a fault and probably not worthwhile repairing.
    Sharp Tv's have a very poor reputation in the trade.

4. Sulley75

Sulley75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Thanks for confirming its the tv!!

Tight git, what makes me think its NOT the way ive set it all up is that i have removed everything thats plugged into it and just plugged one thing in at a time, like the xbox. tried that, then the same with sky, etc.. and so on, on ALL scart inputs. and it does it still. so i dont think its the way i have connected it all cos it does it when only 1 thing is plugged into it.

Gary.