1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sharp tv picture problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by daraz, Aug 28, 2005.

1. daraz

daraz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    first post so go easy........

just bought a sharp 32LF92H flat widescreen tv. The problem is that the picture does not auto adjust to the correct size depending on the VPS signal. In the normal menu settings the 'wide mode' option is set to 'auto' so it should work.
    Also, the tv was a 'display model' and i get the impression that someone has been tinkering with the settings on it. I've been reading a lot of posts on this forum about tv service menus and this got me thinking that maybe there is a relevant setting relating to this in the service menu for my tv. Does this sound plausible? How do you access this menu? Could the problem be something else?

Can anyone help?

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    I recommend that you do not go anywhere near the service menu on a set just weeks old.
    Do you have a Sky digibox connected by scart?

3. daraz

daraz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, ive just realised that if i connect the cable box to the tv using the video input on the front of the tv then the screen size adjusts automatically as it should. The problem then appears to be isolated to the rear scarts(when connected through either scart the screen stays in 'full' constantly).

Its exactly the same set-up and cabling that i used with my previous jvc tv and it was fine when connected via the rear scarts. I would prefer to use the rear scarts but if i cant get them to work then i'll just stick with the front video input.

Any ideas?