1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp TV (or Philips)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fantrace, Aug 19, 2002.

1. fantrace

fantrace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone any experience or opinion on Sharp televisions generally or specifically the 28JW73H model please :confused:

I am torn between this and the Philips 28PW6006. The Philips gets good reviews and Best Buy accolades, but I rather like the split screen teletext mode for the Sharp and the way it allows more sophisticated tweaking of Sound and Picture.

Another advantage of the Sharp is that I can get it from Asda for only slightly more than the online retailers, which might be handy if it was faulty or something.

Side by side there didn't seem much to choose between them for picture quality and I marginally prefered the Sharp for sound, but that was in my local Currys, which is hardly an ideal environment to judge these things, especially given the less than wonderful aerial distribution system they have ;)

2. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at Comet on line. Have Philips 28PW6515 for £459 inc delivery.:p