sharp tur160 recording problem!!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by dbrad, Jan 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dbrad

dbrad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i have the above pvr but have a problem, the signal strength is 60% out of 100% on most channels and a quality pic, but when i try to record something it comes up with 'signal strength too weak!!' i have done software updates tried an attenuator to no avail its a new aerial and wiring, i have recorded on the pvr in my old house but im sure its not the signal thats the problem, any ides anyone???

cheers

2. clemenzina

clemenzina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    For starters, tell Wolfbane your postcode and they'll tell you what sort of aerial you need:

UK analogue TV reception predictor

And someone else may come along soon and help.

clemenzina :)

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,310
    I suppose it's possible that - as this is a twin-tuner device - the tuner being used for "live" reception (and what you are seeing when you look at the strength/quality measure) is performing better than the other tuner used for recording. This may be a matter of marginal signal and slightly different sensitivities, or it may be that the second tuner has become disconnected from the aerial (is it external on this box?) or has deteriorated/broken in some other way. Possible explanation, but not necessarily very helpful, I guess.

4. nvingo

nvingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +717
    Yes the Sharp PVRs are Vestel hardware, which have four aerial sockets, input to tuner one, passthrough (out and in) to tuner two, and TV out from tuner two.
    If during the move the passthrough loop was disconnected (or incorrectly re-connected), there lay your problem.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009