Sharp top dog???

stanleyntl

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read glowing reports on the LC32GA6E, and seen it in the flesh. Not quite as impressive as a Philips 32PF9967D, but more keenly priced with better connectivity & picture adjustments.

Can the Sharp be bettered for the money? Anything better this side of £1200?

In the 32" market i have to say i thought the panasonic LXD500 was the best looking TV on the market, closely followed by the Sony V32", the Panasonic now goes for less than 1200 so is within your range, but going by reports on here theres a new version out very soon thats costing a similar amount called the LXD60 or 600, never seen one but if its better than the 500 then it'll be a bargain, and i'm not plugging this as i own one as i don't, they didn't do 40" so i went for the Sony W40.

Sharp were top dog, but there latest range are very poor compared to a couple of years ago.

Sharp have removed loads of picture tweaking options and the PC support is very basic. The menu system on the GA6 looks awful !!!.

If you want a Sharp then wait for there next range to come here. God knows when that will be but normally we are about 6 months to a year after Japan.

Hopefully we wont get stripped down versions this time.

(by the way, I am a Sharp fan. I have a two year old 30" Sharp in my games room and its awesome)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom