1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Titanium LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Maximus5, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Maximus5

Maximus5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody seen Sharp LC-32GD1 (or 37) LCD yet? Usaully Sharp make good LCD screens but this one supposed to be at the top.

Any suggestion on Sharp against Sony L32MRX1 LCD?

2. Hopeful

Hopeful

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John Lewis in Bluewater and Oxford Street have them in and Selfridges were in the process of setting one up on Monday.

JL Bluewater had both the 32 and 37 on display a couple of weeks ago.

Sharp rep is in JL Oxford Street from Friday to Monday and seems to be quite good at answering technical questions.

The reviews I have read on this forum say the new series is not as good as the previous one but haven't seen one on display connected to a decent source yet to decide for myself!

3. Maximus5

Maximus5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's really hard to believe they've made a step back. I saw the 32GD3 in a store with a weak composite signal and the picture was the best among 10 other LCD screens including Sony, Panasonic, Philips (old model) but I'm not sure what's the main difference in picture processing and screen between this model and 32GD1.

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I posted a few topics on this set a while back with answers to a few of my questions from Sharp. I did a demo of an hour or so in JL KIngston with a 32" GD1E a few weeks back and was generally impressed with the quality from my DVD player but not so much from the RF input (analogue or d-tv), but then I was not impressed with any of the sets on display for TV viewing, $ky and Freeview. Some of the colours appears a little washed out but I know that this is not a problem with this set so I put this down to setup in a dark room and I did not play with the settings too much since I was more interested in confirming compatibility with my DVD player. The remote was very poor as it was very directional but Sharp claim that this is the environment - however I have heard the same elsewhere.

PQ wise it was miles better than a 37" H series opposite it.

If the set had of done native input at 50Hz rather than just 60Hz, I would possibly had purchased, but subsequently I went for a Loewe Xelos SL plus options which retails for about the same but is IMO, better build quality, more flexible (ie VGA included unlike the Sharp, on paper native input at 50Hz and 60Hz) and had a better PQ.

-Ian