Sharp soundbar problem with LG tv!

emilioscy

Novice Member
Hey guys! I am new to the forum! Yesterday i have bought a SHARP HT-SB110 2.0 soundbar but i have trouble getting it to work! At first the tv did not even detect the soundbar then i have changed the hdmi cable, it was detected but after a few minutes stopped and the sound output returned to internal tv speakers! I am trying to connect the soundbar through HDMI ARC, I have an LG 4k tv (2019 model) and i have settings such as SIMPLINK (CEC) turned on and i have properly connected the soundbar through device connector! Any ideas guys?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Try switching off the power to both TV and soundbar (NOT switching off with the remote but at the power socket) wait a few minutes then power them on again.

emilioscy

Novice Member
Try switching off the power to both TV and soundbar (NOT switching off with the remote but at the power socket) wait a few minutes then power them on again.
I will try it once i get the chance! Thanks mate, i'll let you know!

Last edited:

emilioscy

Novice Member
Solved the problem! The issue was on my cable tv box! Cable tv boxes often have some weird configuration as for the CEC! When i plugged in my PS4 to hdmi 1 and the soundbar tou the Hdmi 2 (ARC), everything worked flawlessly! But the exact moment i was plugging the hdmi 3 ( cable tv box) the soundbar ceased working, or better the tv was not able to detect the soundbar! I then got the hdmi cable that i used for connecting the cable tv box to hdmi 3 and removed the pin 13 ( the one responsible for CEC). After that everything works without any issues! I just used a needle to remove the pin!

P.S. I have attached two images! The one showing the exact pin you have to remove to solve this problem and the other is demonstrating the hdmi structure, what every pin is responsible for!

Cheers, good luck!

Attachments

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Physical Discs?, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom