Sharp Pro Logic TC speaker setup help needed.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by monkeyboygokZ, Mar 3, 2005.

1. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a second hand 28" Sharp Pro Logic tv, which came with 2 external speakers, the back of the TV has subwoofer, left and right front and rear speaker inputs/outputs, I bought some speaker wre, split one end so it goes into the red and black inputes, with the bare wire. and the other end i put into tv, Ive tried switching the sound mode, the speaker interval, internal external, I get no sound out of the 2 speakers., they are both rear speakers I think(one still has a sticker saying rear left)I either need a detialed explaination, or even better a picture of the the length of the bare copper wire needed, thanks.

2. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    It sounds like you've connected the speakers ok - the length of bare wire needed should only be about 1cm or so.

I don't know how long you've had the tv, but be aware that not all programmes will have much surround information - have you tried it with lots of different source material?

4. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the thing Im not too sure about is the back of the TV, there isnt red and black speaker wire inputs, just a slot which is the same size as the non bare part, I.e when I try and put bare wire into tv it doesnt fit, but if I cut the bare wire and just put in the wire normally, it fits perfect, I have a pic from photbucket which I uploaded to show the inputs on TV for speakers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/silvergoku/Photo001.jpg

So do you split the wire on this end? or just put it in witha little bit bare.

5. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    Any chance of a sharper picture?
    Any writing near the 'slot'?

Also, do you have a model number for this tv?
    Cheers.

6. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ill try now, Ive only got a crappy digital camera, my new good one doesnt work when I plug it into my PC, DOH! what a waste of cash, anyway. Theres 5 of those inputs/outpus Subwoofer, front left, front right, Rear left, Rear right> Ill post a pic in a minute.

7. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    That's better - they're DIN speaker sockets, you need to get a couple of suitable plugs, available here for a quid each.