1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Pro Logic TC speaker setup help needed.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by monkeyboygokZ, Mar 3, 2005.

1. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a second hand 28" Sharp Pro Logic tv, which came with 2 external speakers, the back of the TV has subwoofer, left and right front and rear speaker inputs/outputs, I bought some speaker wre, split one end so it goes into the red and black inputes, with the bare wire. and the other end i put into tv, Ive tried switching the sound mode, the speaker interval, internal external, I get no sound out of the 2 speakers., they are both rear speakers I think(one still has a sticker saying rear left)I either need a detialed explaination, or even better a picture of the the length of the bare copper wire needed, thanks.

2. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +900
    It sounds like you've connected the speakers ok - the length of bare wire needed should only be about 1cm or so.

I don't know how long you've had the tv, but be aware that not all programmes will have much surround information - have you tried it with lots of different source material?

4. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the thing Im not too sure about is the back of the TV, there isnt red and black speaker wire inputs, just a slot which is the same size as the non bare part, I.e when I try and put bare wire into tv it doesnt fit, but if I cut the bare wire and just put in the wire normally, it fits perfect, I have a pic from photbucket which I uploaded to show the inputs on TV for speakers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/silvergoku/Photo001.jpg

So do you split the wire on this end? or just put it in witha little bit bare.

5. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +900
    Any chance of a sharper picture?
    Any writing near the 'slot'?

Also, do you have a model number for this tv?
    Cheers.

6. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ill try now, Ive only got a crappy digital camera, my new good one doesnt work when I plug it into my PC, DOH! what a waste of cash, anyway. Theres 5 of those inputs/outpus Subwoofer, front left, front right, Rear left, Rear right> Ill post a pic in a minute.

7. monkeyboygokZ

monkeyboygokZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +900
    That's better - they're DIN speaker sockets, you need to get a couple of suitable plugs, available here for a quid each.