1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp portable LCDs questions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jmjm, Feb 18, 2004.

1. jmjm

jmjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I want to get a 15 inch LCD as a second TV for the kitchen. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the E and S series? They seem almost identical except slightly different Audio Outputs. Why are Sharp doing such simillar ranges? Is one an older one?

Can anyone recommend either of them? Or an alternative for a kitchen TV - will be watched a lot and maybe have a DVD plugged in - would also like Integrated Digital TV ideally.

Thanks

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    E sreies is old line S is new range so S series replaces the E series of screens. Sharp have/are launching a 22" integrated digital TV there isnt a a 15" at the moment (from sharp anyway) with integtrated digital but there is a wireless one http://www.sharp.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=732 so you can keep the digital box hidden and use a remote sender from the kitchen back to the box/DVD etc
    But for Integrated digital AD series are the ones to go for!http://www.sharp.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=834

3. couchslouch

couchslouch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you seen the April issue of "Home Cinema choice", theres a 15" LCD TV with integrated Freeview tuner by a company called" Techview". Seems like a good buy and gets 4.5 stars out of 5. Went to look at one in John Lewis and was very impressed with picture quality. Anyone else got one of these as I would be really interested to hear peoples opinions before I buy.

4. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Loewe are also releasing a wireless LCD using sharp's technology but loewe styling (and i bet Loewe pricing e.g - Expensive!)

It's supposed to be very sexy indeed!!