1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp picture problems

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ICTA, Aug 17, 2005.

1. ICTA

ICTA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a Sharp LC 26GA3E and am having problems with the picture from the RGB input.

When using the RGB input (input 1) for either Sky or my DVD player there are vertical lines where the colour is slightly out of sync with the rest of the screen e.g. in black backgrounds there the lines are grey and vary in width. They appear in dark scenes or scenes with predominately one colour, most noticeably black although the blue screen in Sky also suffers. I am using RGB scart leads, two different versions tried so far - Cambridge and Monster.

Does the TV need replacing or is there some other reason for the lines.

There are no lines when I use input 2 (normal scart) for either the DVD player or Sky. In fact the picture is really good!

Any help would be appreciated.

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    It could be a faulty input, but IIRC, the GA3 only had one RGB, the other SCART was composite. So since you've no problems on that one, it would seem your Sky box and DVD player are not outputting RGB, but Composite.
    If the other SCART is RGB also, then there's your answer - input one is duff!
    Read you owners manual for the unit, or if you can find one for it online - that should clarify which input carries which signal.

3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    It sounds like there's something wrong with the way the set is handling RGB over SCART. Yet another SCART problem...

The reason I say this is because his equipment will be outputting RGB, yet when it's plugged into the second (non RGB) socket it's using Composite, which doesn't produce the problem.

4. ICTA

ICTA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I change the output on Sky and the DVD player to Pal & video respectively, there are no lines on the screen. Sky is an Amstrad Sky plus box and the DVD player is a Toshiba 220, which both output RGB signals, so I think it must be the RGB handling of the TV as Lyris says. Input 2 is not RGB and when it gets non RGB signals there are no lines on the screen.

Thanks for your help.

5. Stiffler05

Stiffler05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a similar problem with my newly purchased Samsung LE32R31 (32" hi-def lcd). There are visible vertical lines across the width of the screen when it displays something through RGB. At first i thought it was just a problem with the PS2 (due to it being really low res), but I've just had sky installed and it is just as bad through rgb as the ps2. Also like you, Running sky on pal or my ps2 through composite are fine.

An engineer is coming round on Monday to take the TV away for repairs.