1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp P50 Series worth buying HDMI DVD Player?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by f1005705, Aug 18, 2005.

1. f1005705

f1005705
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have the Sharp 32p50 LCD TV. I have a Yelo8000 DVD player and connect them together using component. I am happy with the PQ, however will using a DVD player via HDMI improve this further?. I guess it will as it is digital to digital but will I see a difference I was thinking about the Sammy HD850 or 950.

Any comment would help. I am aware that this in not a HD LCD.

2. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    HDMI is generally wasted on SD material such as DVD, I would save your pennies if I was you.

If there is an improvement it will only be minimal. This would generally be the case if you had a HD LCD or otherwise.

3. f1005705

f1005705
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I guessed as much. I won't get a HD LCD until HD becomes wide spread and Free to air IMO 3+ years. That's why I picked the 32p50 as it is V Good with SD and I will put this in the bedroom when I u/g to a larger HD LCD.

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    In my opinion you'll be waiting a lot longer than 3 years for FTA HDTV. The digital switch over will end in 2012 and if they pull their socks up they could roll HDTV out just after the've canned analogue.

Personally, I think you'll be able to get HDTV over the net with download speeds increasing rapidly, it'll be about 4-5 years before a decent service is reached.

Richie.