Sharp P50 "AV-Link" function Important!

T

TheTVbuyer

Hi all.

I hope you can understand because i have one problem.

I bought Sharp LC26P50 and i can't use the one of the AV Link function.

The manual says:

AV LINK
"One Touch Play
While the TV is in standby mode, it automatically turns
on and plays back the image from the audiovisual
source (e.g. VCR, DVD).

TV Standby
When the connected audiovisual equipment (e.g. VCR,
DVD) enters standby mode, so does the TV"

I connect my SetTopBox(STB) or DVD Player in my old Thomson 14" CRT and the TV turns on when the STB or DVD player turns on , via SCART cable.

With the Sharp P50 i connect the same SCART cable (full, 21 pins and cables) from STB (or DVD) to the EXT2 and isn't work that AV-Link function.

I followed the instruction manual and nothing , also i tried via EXT1 and nothing.

I think i tried all combinations including Editing one channel and setting in Setup->Program Setup->Manual Adjust ->decoder (EXT1 or EXT2) I can see throught the editing channel, the STB signal , but TV doesn't turn on automatically.

i bought the TV in Spain, is my TV with some bug? :rolleyes:

sorry for my poor english. :lesson:

neilmcl

There's no point using Ext1 as that doesn't have AV Link. Are you quite sure that the DVD player is AV Link compatible? I must admit that I never use this feature so I can't really say for sure if it's a problem or not.

T

tringa

I tried to get the av-link to work with my old panasonic freeview box but never succeeded. I think you have to use EXT2 and run the initial installation with the item plugged in.

Like I say, it didn't work for me but I don't know whether the STB was generating the correct signal or not.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom