Sharp new TVs: BL1, BL2, BL3, BL5 etc

rumburak

There are a few discounted Sharp TVs in the supermarket, showing up next to the vegetables.
I found one in Tesco Hatfield, 65BL2KA for £469, but a guy just posted deal on HUKD from Lidl Southampton, it was a 65BL1KA for just £299.

Looking on Sharp's website, these TVs all have the same specs: 65BL2KA, 65BL3KA, 65BL5KA, while 65BL1KA doesn't exist!

Please can anyone explain how to decode the new model series? The ones made by UMC in Poland?
The series seem to be B, C, D (year?), with N having Dolby Vision over L. Then you have a digit 1, 2, 3... 6 but does it mean anything? And then you have KA or EA probably depending on the market?

I would like to buy a cheap TV as my old Samsung H6670 developed the infamous famous purple patches that Samsung never admitted. So I don't need any exclusive top of the range image quality.

If anyone got one such Sharp TV from the BL or other series can you please confirm:
- can you update Android from version 9?
- can you install Freesat app from the Google Play store? if so, will it be able to control the TV to receive the Freesat grid on satellite (EPG etc)?
- can you actually connect a USB HDD to record live TV? (e.g. pause, time-shift etc)

Finally if you own one would you recommend it? Use case would be to watch some news, some BBC iPlayer and most of all movies (local).

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom