Sharp - New 1080P HD1E Series

snaithg

Now that the Sharp XD1E series has been around a couple of months now it's probably time to start looking at its successor the new HD1E series.

There is speculation that we might start seeing these next generation LCDs in Europe early in the new year.

In the (unofficially) published specification of the US equivalent (D92 series) it would appear that this new model adds another HDMI port and 2 component connectors along with a fifth backlight (Deep Green). As well as other improvements which might make it more desireable than the current XD1E range (especially if Buzzing and Banding are fixed).

It would appear that a US vendor is showing the next generation US Sharp for pre-order sale (their D92 series) and publishing specifications.

http://www.abtelectronics.com/product/26780.html

I will have a search through the XD1E thread and pick out other references to the HD1E range and add them to this thread.

Graham.

B-real

Novice Member
Good work Graham!

It seems that sharp is the first to include 120/100 hz technology to panels at this size with 1080P. Also excited about the high contrast ratio 15000:1 (3000:1).

snaithg

snaithg

All inputs 1080p?!?!?!??!
Don't forget that it is the US variant that we are looking at, but it looks promising for all round 1080P support.

Graham.

ELGENERAL1994

Thanks for all your hard work Graham!

If the banding (but not so much buzzing) issue is not present in this model, then it will be a blockbuster as Sharp's prices are more than reasonable!!:D

Giblets2

Novice Member
Blimey! 3xHDMI, DVI-I too AND 2 1080p component ports. If the UK version is similarly well specced this is my next TV!!! Thanks a lot for the heads up! Just praying for news of a 1:1 mapping mode...

neilmcl

Blimey! 3xHDMI, DVI-I too AND 2 1080p component ports. If the UK version is similarly well specced this is my next TV!!! Thanks a lot for the heads up! Just praying for news of a 1:1 mapping mode...
Lets not forget that US models tend to get more component inputs than us because they don't have scart, whilst we may get 3 HDMI I very much doubt we'll see 2 component inputs on European models.

Giblets2

Novice Member
No I do realise that, the thing that makes me laugh the most is the two composite inputs! On a TV of that spec who in their right mind is going to use them?

Robbie Razzler

There is rumours going around that the new HD1E series will only be available in 46" and 52" and not 42" which would be disapointing as 42" is the biggest size of tv i could have in my room.:(

Could this be the perfect LCD we have all been waiting for :rotfl: lol

snaithg

This is a link to the thread on the US AVS Forum which discusses speculation around their forthcoming "D62" series (close equivalent? to our new HD1E series?).

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=735728

Graham.
According to this US thread, Their new Sharp LCD (D92) is going to be announced at the "2007 International CES" in Las Vegas, held between 8-11th January.
http://www.cesweb.org/default.asp

Sharp US are also holding a press conference the day before the start of "CES", on the 7th January. Perhaps they will anounce a global launch of the new model (like they did for the XD1E).
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=9177241&&#post9177241

Graham.

lazymanc

Novice Member
No-ones mentioned the "Integrated HDD" feature mentioned on that slide!

Thats gonna bump the cost up a fair bit if it's true.

DD3

Novice Member
ooo... never realilsed as my current set has both. could be a way round my needing to connect 2 vga devices...thanks:smashin: .......although if I go for this next year it may leave me needing a switchbox :thumbsdow

snaithg

Any news as whether it is HDMI 1.3??
There was one post on the US Speculation thread that said it supported HDMI 1.3A (whatever that is).

Graham.

snaithg

No-ones mentioned the "Integrated HDD" feature mentioned on that slide!

Thats gonna bump the cost up a fair bit if it's true.
I think I quite like the idea of this TV doubling up as a PVR (assuming this is what the HDD is for).

Graham.

ELGENERAL1994

It just gets better and better (touch wood). I think this TV is a contender for the living room (to watch SKY HD and HD-DVD/Blu Ray). I shall settle for the Samsung F series for the bedroom.

ELGENERAL1994

Hang on lets make sure that this thread does not concentrate whether or whether not HDMI 1.3 is important or not. There are people like myself who would like their new set to be HDMI 1.3 standard. That is all.

Robbie Razzler

Hang on lets make sure that this thread does not concentrate whether or whether not HDMI 1.3 is important or not. There are people like myself who would like their new set to be HDMI 1.3 standard. That is all.
I'm all for HDMI 1.3 and when i get my ps3 i want my t.v to be fully compatible with it. If HDMI 1.3 is all that it says it is, then i want it on my new set. I definitely hope the new HD1E series has it.:smashin:

ELGENERAL1994

I'm all for HDMI 1.3 and when i get my ps3 i want my t.v to be fully compatible with it. If HDMI 1.3 is all that it says it is, then i want it on my new set. I definitely hope the new HD1E series has it.:smashin:
Trust me mate, I hope that is TV is HDMI 1.3. It should be as Graham states so, and he seems to know what he is on about.

I was thinking about not getting a Sony PS3, as they have seriously ticked me off (Lik-sang, delays, prices). But go to the PS3 section of the forums and have a look at get your PS3's out for the lads thread. If you look at the pics being posted that display games and films at 1080p, then there is no doubt you will get one.

We can but hope that this is THE LCD to get...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett