1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHARP LCD TV power-up delay???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by DZJ, Mar 22, 2005.

1. DZJ

DZJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sharp LC32GA5E is very slow on power-up from standby, at least compared to CRT TVs.

It takes somewhere between 10-20 seconds from pressing power on the remote to actually get the picture on the screen. The LED on the TV goes from red to green immediately, but the actual picture comes 10-20 seconds later.

During that period you can at first hear a click of the relay inside, as well as few other smaller clicking sounds coming after from the speaker, I suspect.

Is this a normal behaviour or first sign of some kind of malfunction?
    How long does it take for you Sharp AQUOS LCD TV to get screen powered after pressing the remote from standby?

:confused:

Thanks
    DZJ

2. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't sound right to me, I will let you know mine arrives this Thursday :thumbsup:

How's you happy with the set generally, PQ ok ?

3. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    my 26" GA4 takes about 2-3 second to show a picture.

4. DZJ

DZJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again,

Apart from this delay issues it is OK.
    The whole TV responds a bit slow for my taste when accepting commands even when changing channels.

It does not have a fan like other Sharp GAs so it gets a bit warm after hours of operation, but at least it is not noisy at all.

PQ is now fine after customizing picture setup (default setups are very bad in PQ), sound is very good, VGA PC input works OK on 1024x768 and I am testing it now with higher resolution including the native. For that I need to tweak my graphics card driver (with Powerstrip) in order to support these HDTV resolutions. I've managed to drive it with 1360x768 @ 59.8xx Hz and PC picture was very stable and quite good and it fitted right on the screen. The only thing is that when you open a document on a PC with very small fonts, it is a bit blurry and I would not expect that from native resolution. At least my PC monitor connected with the same VGA cable when running 1280x1024 what is its native resolution has no problem making even the smallest fonts look very sharp. I think that I need to play a bit more with Powerstrip timing setup.

It has less setup features than GA3/GA4, basically all together it is a downgraded and cheaper version in every sense (from plastic to SW) to its GA3/GA4 older brothers.

But the price is also significantly lower so it is made to target consumers that are not interested in all this high-tech features and HD experimenting, but to replace their old CRT TV with a new flat TV that takes less space, looks better and it is priced acceptably.

It is produced in EU (Spain) instead of Japan, and since it is one of the cheapest branded 32” TV sets on the market it looks like a good value for money.

DZJ