Sharp LCD Trying 1366 x 768 display

barion00

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Dell Insprion 518 desktop with Asus EAH3450 (ATI 3450) graphic card installed. Newest ATI Catalyst Driver (v.8.12) installed.
To display 1366 x 768 resolution on my Sharp LCD 32” TV, I tried everything. Installed PowerStip and set custom resolution but once I restart computer (asked by PowerStrip), I cannot see 1366 x 768 resolution in Display Panel. I even tried to create custom INF file and installed as a monitor driver did not work.

My TV used to display with my old computer (GeForce 8500 graphic card) 1366 x768 resolution no problem. I tried both DVI & HDMI connection. No luck!

Please help me!

What model Sharp TV do you have because if it is the same as my sons it does not want to play ball.
The closest res you will get anyway is 1360x768 although powerstrip may tell you otherwise.
I have now seen this on a couple of Sharp TV's.
This may help or not as the case maybe pixelmapping » Sharp TVs you will notice that Sharp TV's do not take kindly to computer interfaces.

What model Sharp TV do you have because if it is the same as my sons it does not want to play ball.
The closest res you will get anyway is 1360x768 although powerstrip may tell you otherwise.
I have now seen this on a couple of Sharp TV's.
This may help or not as the case maybe pixelmapping » Sharp TVs you will notice that Sharp TV's do not take kindly to computer interfaces.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't remember exact model # (I think one the earlist model LC-32AU5 or something), however, it used to work 1366 x 768 with my old desktop (Radeon 8500 128M) which is broken and my laptop (Radeon x300 w/128M) until I reinstall Windows XP (sp3).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom