1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LCD 32"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by bettyboo, Jun 3, 2005.

1. bettyboo

bettyboo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help I am interested in buying a sharp LC-32GA5E has anyone bought one, or has anyone looked at one

2. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The general opinion of Sharp screens does seem to be very good, however, the model you are looking at is not HD ready.

You need to decide whether this is important for you.

Apart from that, I remember reading good reviews about this screen, and have thought it looked ok when seeing it in the flesh.

Ben

3. bettyboo

bettyboo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for that, I'ts such a minefield when trying to find a decent 32 lcd, I am aware of hd ready, so do you have any recommendations for a decent one that is hd ready that won't break the bank

4. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, I'm waiting for the Philips 9830 and the new Toshiba 32WLT58 to come out at the end of the summer.

The tosh looks like it will be a great budget screen when it comes out with the price around the £1200-£1300 mark. This basically has the same features as the Sharp one you were looking at, but with 2 HDMI ports aswell and will be available from around August time.

The Philips 9830 screen is shaping up to be the king of LCDs at the 32" size when it's released, with promised improved quality over the already superb 9986. The 9830 will be available around the £1900 mark on release (around July), but is believed to drop to around the £1500-£1600 rather quickly.

If you can't wait till then, there's the Hitachi 7200 which seems to be getting rave reviews on this forum, that can be found for around the £1200 mark at the moment.

Just do a search on any of the above models on this forum, and see the screens (when they're released that is) for yourself and decide which one you like. :thumbsup: They're all HD ready, so it's take your pick time!

Just like to remind you that what I've said above about the Philips and the Tosh is pure speculation; I have not seen these screens for myself due to the fact that they're not yet available! ;)

Ben