1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp LCD 30" or LG Plasma 42"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Dreamboy, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a big dilema choosing my new TV. I've been looking for LCD for weeks and I was about to buy the Sharp Aquos LC30-HV4E. This is a 30" LCD and image quality at the shop is great. I've read many reviews about it and seems to be a great TV.

Now I was about to buy it when I've seen a nice offer for the LG MZ-PZ44 42" Plasma TV. I've seen it working at the shop and his size looks impressive next to the Sharp.

Both TV's have exactly the same price and this is a big problem as now I don't know which one to buy.

The Sharp has more definition and looks great. Also I like LCD becouse don't have the problems of Plasma (fosphor life and screen burn). But when looking the 42" monster next to a 30" screen it looks simply impressing.

I'm planning to use the TV for many uses. Watch TV (analog and satellite), play with my XBox and play DVD's.

Please can somebody help mi with my decision? Any comments will be welcome.

Kind Regards!

2. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wait a little while longer, SO am I. for the new sharp 32" G series.

google for LC-32GD2. They are out in japan , and coming around begin of july, I have been told..

Erick

3. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would be good to wait as I'm sure that there will be new and cheaper models. But this is allways the same with electronics. Also I'm sure that when the 32" Sharps comes to Europe it will be more expensive that the 30".

I can't wait becouse I need that TV for my new house and I don't have any TV actually. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. TonyCronin

TonyCronin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in similar position to you.. not sure which way to jump or whether to wait... i have seen prices come down at least 1k in last year and the way i saw it was get plasma now and maybe replace with lcd or whatever in a few years..

I have just ordered that same LG, had a demo and it was very impressive. Looked at lots of loads of sets around 1.5-2.5k, LCD's, LCD rear proj, Plasmas and even though I liked LCD's I always thought i would regret buying a smaller screen.

5. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's nice to hear from someone that ordered the LG. I've been surprised to not find any people talking about this plasma TV in the forum. Here in Spain I've found it in many shops and there's a nice offer now for 3.000 Euros and you don't pay until november.

Before seeing this offer I was going to buy the 30" LDC Sharp Aquos. The image quality is great and has all the features I needed. But yesterday I saw the LG working in a shop and it was impressing. The 42" makes the 30" Sharp look like a toy. Although I have to say that image quality is better in the Sharp due to more resolution.

I will be please to know your impressions when you receive your new LG. I'm a little scared about screen burn with plasma as I like to play a lot with my XBox. But as you I think I would regret the screen size.