Sharp LC60LE636E

SharpTVdude

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi to all the good people . We got this tv from John Lewis who dropped the price on their website during the last few hours when currys had their 100 hour sale.We got it for £999, which i think is a bit of a bargain and the 5 year guarantee is most welcome. I see there is no thread about this tv so if you have any questions will do my very best to answer them.

One question i have is about freeview HD. We have a feed going through a labgear distributor which has a signal booster. the signal is going to 5 end points.when tuning this tv we get all the freeview channels but no HD ones. i have tried manually but no signal is shows . Am i doing something wrong. I would be most obliged for tips and pointers

Many thanks

I just purchased the sharp aquos 60 inch lcd, 1080p, 120hz, hdtv.. im wondering if u or anyone can help tweek the picture to the optimum settings. Im also very new to new tv technology as the last tv i bought was 8 yrs ago when flat screen (not flat panel) tvs first became affordable.. lol

Hi there,

I have also got a price match from John Lewis for £999.99 for this one.

I could not find any reviews at all for this set and i was wondering on your general thoughts - picture - sound, interface.

Are you quite happy with the set as i think at £999 is a real bargain but feature wise it would not have been worth the £1499.99 perhaps £1300. I am seriously thinking about this set or the Samsung Ps59d6900.

Any comments good or bad welcome.

thanks again

Hi to all the good people . We got this tv from John Lewis who dropped the price on their website during the last few hours when currys had their 100 hour sale.We got it for £999, which i think is a bit of a bargain and the 5 year guarantee is most welcome. I see there is no thread about this tv so if you have any questions will do my very best to answer them.

One question i have is about freeview HD. We have a feed going through a labgear distributor which has a signal booster. the signal is going to 5 end points.when tuning this tv we get all the freeview channels but no HD ones. i have tried manually but no signal is shows . Am i doing something wrong. I would be most obliged for tips and pointers

Many thanks

You may not have HD coverage of Freeview in your area. Check the link below

http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability

Enter your postcode and it will show what is available and if (or when) HD freeview is available.

Hi there

I was thinking about getting this tv but could not find any reviews.

Are u happy with it ie picture, sound , performance. I've heard some one say it looks physically nothing great compared to samsung models. Any help much appreciated and would you reccomend.

Thanks again

Hi there

Would you reccomend this tv, are you happy so far with picture quality, performance, sound etc or are there any problems or dissapointments so far as im a thinking about buying. Thanks for your helo :)

Hiya any more reviews or thoughts on this giant tv. Much appreciated any good or bad feedback thanks

Hi sorry for the delay overall for £999 i am happy with the overall performance the only issue i have is i have some clouding which i think is from the LED,s . Blue rays look very good watching the dark night is amazing. I dont think though i would but this tv at £1499. I have made an unboxing video just need to upload it to youtube . i managed to get freeview HD had to retune as it did not pick it up the first time. The menu is ok , I am a tech geek so i like it but it may not flow intuitively for others . Once again sorry for the delay

Peace and respect

I just want everyone to know John Lewis will be getting this tv in as a special buy for their clearance on the 27th December for £1,299 .on the syling i like it the bezel is thin and i watch it with the lights off so i just see the picture. i would say though you need the correct viewing distance to fully appreciate the picture quality

Thanks for that info it's very helpful. My price match is valid until the 28th so will need to act very soon. What like is sound quality? Do you use home cinema or soundbar as was looking at spending a maximum of £300 for sound system. Do you reckon a real bargain for £999 and better than the samsung ps59d6900?
Can you let me know when unboxing video is on YouTube? Thanks again Alan

Had mine over a week now, cant say much bad about it tbh Just some very minor clouding on a completely black screen, At least theres no Buzzing, DSE or banding.

I Was having trouble getting this looking good at first as theres a plethora of settings But recently I found a greek site which had done a pro calibration of this set so I copied their settings and now it looks fantastic.

Ill share these settings with you Below.

Mode (Movie)

OPC (off)

Backlight 0
Contrast 20
Brightness -8
Colour 0
Tint 0
Sharpness 0-4 Depending on SD/HD

Advanced

C.M.S-HUE, R 0, Y +9, G -24, C 0, B +3, M -1.

C.M.S Saturation, R +13, Y 0, G 0, C 0, B 0, M 0.

C.M.S Value, R 0, Y 0, G -2, C 0, B +15, M 0.

Coulour Temp (Middle)

R Gain LO +11

G Gain LO -1

B Gain LO -6

R Gain HI +12

G Gain HI -1

B Gain HI -23

Gamma 0

Everthing else (off)

Cheers.

Glad to see you are enjoying it I have just ordered but will be after Xmas for delivery now. That's perfect about settings I will save this message as that will be very handy. So your still glad u went for this over the Sammie?! Thanks again for your time and help. Alan

Hi

i am planning to buy one.Can you tell me how is the viewing angle in this TV and how is the contrast and black levels.

thanks

Just an Heads up, I received an email from Richer Sounds and this set is in their sale on Boxing Day for £999.

Edit: Its also £999 in the Currys Sale which has already started.

Last edited:
Glad to see you are enjoying it I have just ordered but will be after Xmas for delivery now. That's perfect about settings I will save this message as that will be very handy. So your still glad u went for this over the Sammie?! Thanks again for your time and help. Alan

Now youve had it a few days How are you getting on with the TV Alan?

I was watching Gladiator on ITV HD last night the PQ was just stunning, I also gave The Dark Knight Blu- ray a spin the other night and thought its the best ive seen it looking.

Regards

This thread needs some pictures. :D

Hi Martin

am overwhelmed by picture quality and performance, I watched rise of the planet of the apes on blu-ray and was cinematic quality! Combined with surround sound is a top quality 60 inch for under a grand. Really not bothered about 3d and the 5 year warranty is the icing on the cake! The settings you gave made a big difference as. Pq was still good but not awesome. I would not hesitate in recommending this set for 999 pricematch and a top quality spot Martin. Cheers Alan

hi

how is the picture quality with the standard definition TV programmes

thanks

Hi

From my 5 days of testing, standard def is good perhaps better than my last lcd, considering a much bigger screen but same viewing distance. Obviously it excels
On HD viewing. Only fools and horses a tad grainy on uk gold but 30 years old and the same on my 32 inch led in bedroom. If u can pricematch John Lewis with richer sounds u have a bargain at £999.

Hi,

In Response to your message about veiwing angles and Fast motion.

Ive not really been bothered about veiwing angles as we sit square on but I tried sitting at 45 degrees last night and watched the first half of King Kong on ITV HD.

I would say the picture appeared a shade more pale but nothing major no where near washed out and certainly the best ive seen from an LCD.

As for fast motion Ive not witnessed any problems at all.

Hope that Helps.

Hi

Thanks for the useful information.Thanks for taking the time to check it out and post it here.

ramesh:thumbsup:

Does any one have any experience of gaming with this set? Just wondered if it has any issues with lag etc..

Thanks

Does any one have any experience of gaming with this set? Just wondered if it has any issues with lag etc..

Thanks

Yes I game a bit, There is serious lag on Movie mode etc but once you turn on game mode it engages what Sharp term Vyper Drive that shuts down all processesing etc and that eliminates it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom