Sharp LC46XL1E - the forgotten screen ?

scaper

I know the LC46XL2E is due out next month but i cant find any discussions on this tv. It would appear to be a 100Hz panel. Anyone know about it ?

It's selling for about £1500 at the moment.
Thanks

scaper

yeh, i've seen the specs of the XL2E but its the XL1E that doesn't appear to have any coverage...why is this ?

The XD1E has plenty of coverage.

Olias

I'd pretty much decided on the 52XL1E as the 100hz should offer an improved picture from SD sources over the 52XD1E and hope that the banding issue had been resolved.

Is it a frequent event that a new model is launched even before the previous version has hit the shops?....Unreal....:eek:

My guess is that even the XL2E won't receive much coverage as the HD1E looks set to steal the limelight.......

I'm really hopeful about the quality of the XL2E as the XD1E received such rave reviews (banding aside) for the price, however this review of what seems to be the US equivalent http://alatest.co.uk/apps/reviews/27...UOS+LC-52D92U/ is not too promising....Anyone know if the D92U is the same as the XL2E or can I still look forward in anticipation?:thumbsup:

JOLLYGREENGIANT

yeh, i've seen the specs of the XL2E but its the XL1E that doesn't appear to have any coverage...why is this ?

The XD1E has plenty of coverage.

Thats because the XD1E was revolutionary at time of release with 1080P and cheaper (in the early days) than Samsungs and Sonys offerings and the did 1:1 pixel mapping. There has also been lots of coverage because of banding problems.

The XL1E specs looked good but it lacked the connections of some its rivals, hence the XL2E... I've forgotten the XL1E already!

JOLLYGREENGIANT

My guess is that even the XL2E won't receive much coverage as the HD1E looks set to steal the limelight.......

Your probably right. certainly on this forum but remember that the XL2E will appeal to the masses. It will be considerably cheaper than the HD1E or the Sony x series and probably be on the par with the samsung but with better SD performance!

Plenty of people will buy them...banding or no banding....

Euphoria

Your probably right. certainly on this forum but remember that the XL2E will appeal to the masses. It will be considerably cheaper than the HD1E or the Sony x series and probably be on the par with the samsung but with better SD performance!

Plenty of people will buy them...banding or no banding....

So which one will delver the better picture LC?XL2E or LC46XL1E???

Or is it just cosmetic with a few extras thrown in?

jon_c0

neither, because of the banding... ... Step away from the Sharps!

Branding the XL2E range, that no-one has yet given a spin, with the problems of the ranges that came before it just doesn't make sense. By this chalk you'd have to advise folk to stay clear of the new Pioneer 8g series due to fears of dirty screens and screen retention, neither of which is actually exhibited by the new range.

Best to wait and see, I would say... Here's hoping for Sharp to pull something out of the bag on this one as (problems aside) the black levels and SD performance on the XD1E's is, to my eyes, one of the best on the market (amongst LCDs).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom