• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sharp LC46X20E Vs LG 50PG6000 Vs LG 47LG500 for HD

hendern88

Standard Member
Hi there,

I'm looking for a larger new TV to replace my old and troubled Samsung LCD rear projection 43"...which in truth has been a great TV for nearly 6 yrs ( 1 bulb replace ).

The new TV will be to watch mainly SKy HD and 1080p material through a NMT (HDX-1000 to replace my Snazio 1350)...as well as normal DVDs.

I know I can expect a better non 1080p image on the plasma ( well so everyone says ) and Sky HD is only 720p anyway ( I'm sure..? )...anway the question is will getting one of these 1080p LCDs give me a better HD pic than the plasma ?

I like the idea of being future proof'd with a full 1080p screen but appreciate that movie viewing may be better on the plasma ( as well a 3 extra inches of course ).

Any comment most welcome..... ps...I like the look of the PS50A557 Samsung 1080p plasmas but just a tad outside my budget of £800.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom