• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sharp LC42XD1EA problems

mogbat

Established Member
Hi folks.

Ive had my Sharp LC42XD1EA for about three years now with no problems, its connected to sky hd, just recently I have noticed what I can only describe as screen burn, when say on bbc1 I can see the ghost image of sky news avatar in the top right hand corner, this is after I say watched sky news for about an hour..

Whats going on? i have the tv covered under insurance..

Mick

grimsbyseagulls

Standard Member
Hi , I have a Sharp 42inch XD1E which is just over 3 years old and this problem has been noticeable for the last 18 months or so (I also have Sky+HD). Luckily its not screen burn as such , just image retention which is gone the following day. I didn't extend the warranty on my set and just after the initial guarantee ran out it began showing a dull black vertical line right down the middle of the screen which I later found out can happen because the screen was manufactured in 2 halves and this is where the join is. If your TV is still under warranty let Sharp know about it as supposedly LCDs dont suffer from image retention or screen burn.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
it began showing a dull black vertical line right down the middle of the screen which I later found out can happen because the screen was manufactured in 2 halves and this is where the join is.

You were given duff info, no LCD screen is made in two halves.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom