• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sharp LC40LB700X 480p and less, quality

metropilot

Standard Member
i bought a sharp LC40LB700X specifically to play video games, because my plasma has screen burn issues.

when i plugged in the nintendo 64, it looked terrible as did that gamecube. (composite video cable)

I am looking into getting the component cable for the gamecube, but as composite supports up to 720x576 i am assuming its not going to help.

I didnt expect the graphics to be great, but i expected the edges of the polygons to be somewhat smooth, not just a huge blurry mess.

Is there something i can setup on the tv to make it any better?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jhazeldene

Your problem is the poor original resolution of these old consoles being made even worse by a 40 inch screen, e.g. Nintendo 64: 256x224 pixels. Having said that, you should be able to get 480p out of the Gamecube via component, which should give reasonable PQ.
John

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom