Sharp LC37XD1E or play safe with Panny plasma TH37px70?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by JASYMORR, Apr 29, 2007.

Tags:
  1. JASYMORR

JASYMORR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Going blow my cash that I have saved up for my first LCD or plasma very soon. Have been watching out for release of the new Panasonic's plasmas and they seem to be getting good reviews so my first choice was the 37PX70. Upon going to a local TV store though I noticed this model running beside the Sharp LC37XD1E and was impressed but the Sharp. The fact that it is full HD 1080p really appeals to me and I decided that was the one to go for.

I will be using whatever I chose for standard SD via Virgin cable and my Xbox 360 for gaming. I do watch a lot of sports like football and the like.

Just have done a search on here regarding the Sharp and blimey, some serious threads about a lot of problems with this set. Have these issues been ironed out with newer production runs? Is the 37" models far more reliable? I would welcome anyones advice and suggestions regarding this as it is a lot of money for me and I want a set that will last me a number of years trouble free. As it stands I'm swinging back towards the Panny plasma.

Help!

:lease:

2. B-real

B-real

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The 37XD1E is free from the problems of it's bigger brothers, no banding or buzzing on that model. So you should not have any problems whatsoever. But perhaps you need to know that the maximum resolution on VGA is 1280*1024, in case you want to use the HD DVD.

3. JASYMORR

JASYMORR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply