Sharp LC37XD1E - frozen picture with external devices

W

whelkvis

Recently bought the Sharp LCD37X1DE and am having sever issues connecting any devices on anything other than HDMI.

Sky HD is connected via HDMI and works flawlessly. However, any other connection methods do not work properly. Sound is OK but the picture is just frozen and very heavily pixelated.

I have tried connecting: wii, dvd player and camcorder. All experience the same results.

I have tried ext 1 (SCART), 2 (SCART), 3 (video, svideo), 4 (component) and see exactly the same thing on all channels.

Prior to Sky HD i had 'normal' Sky connected via SCART and both thast and the DVD player worked.

In many vain and futile attempts to resolve this (in the hope it was configuration rather than HW problem) I have changed many settings. I know don't know wht they were originally.

My guess is that there is a fault with the TV and Sharp are supposed to be coming out later this week.

I basically have 2 questions:
* Has anyone seen anything like this before?

* Is there a way to reset the TV o the factory default settings in the case that it is configurational?

Thanks in advance and sorry for length of post.

W

whelkvis

Just a quick update to say that i have resolved the previous issues.

Even though the power was off when making any new connections it was necessary to completely recycle the power (i.e. remove plug from wall) having made the connections.

Once this was done all clicked into life and everything good.

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom