Sharp LC37P50E buzz

neilmcl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can any owners of the Sharp LC37P50E or the 32" for that matter please check to see if you're screen has buzzing noise. Specifically check around the air vents on the top lefthand side, looking from the front. I don't know if this yet another of these dreaded backlight buzzing noises that seem to plague a lot of LCDs or is it simply normal operating noise. It's not really noticeable during the day but you know how it is, once you've heard it the first time it never really goes away.

It doesn't detract all that much but if it is a problem with mine then I'd sooner get it replaced as soon as.

Its there on both my 26" models but you have to put your ear close to the set to hear it. Noticed it as soon as I got them. I wouldn't have said it was any worse than any CRT set I've had (in fact, i've heard much worse from CRT's). TV's just aren't silent really, there's always some kind of operating buzz rom this kind of device. I wouldn't worry about it.

Neil, or any p50e owners, sorry to go of from the thread question.

I have ordered the 32p50e, coming tues, (I will listen out for any buzzing!), how are you guys connecting your screen to your dvd? Have you managed to compare scart vs hdmi vs component? etc..?

I will only be using rgb scart on my panny dvd/vhs combi as thats all its got, just wondering if its worth investing in a new hdmi player, as they can be had for 'only' £80 - £90....

My current DVD through RGB Scart gives excellent results as it is. I may in future invest in a new one to give me a progressive feed but to be honest I don't see much point in buying one of the new HDMI jobbies to upscale to a 720p or 1080i signal given that the resolution is only 540. If you can get hold of a trusted progressive DVD player which will output at 576p via component then this should be enough.

geralday said:
Can't hear a buzz on my 32".

Gerald :D
Not a sound, not even if you put your ear to the vent on the left hand side?

neilmcl said:
My current DVD through RGB Scart gives excellent results as it is. I may in future invest in a new one to give me a progressive feed but to be honest I don't see much point in buying one of the new HDMI jobbies to upscale to a 720p or 1080i signal given that the resolution is only 540. If you can get hold of a trusted progressive DVD player which will output at 576p via component then this should be enough.

Well, thats what I'm hoping to do with it hooked up to my Yamada, when mine (hopefully) arrives this Sunday. ;)
I will listen out for any unusual buzzing too. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom