Sharp LC37GD7E Picture Issues

S

Super Novice

I have recently bought a Sharp LC37GD7e. After set up I have found that there is an excellent picture on DVD and a good picture on XBox. My issue is with my Sky picture. It appears to be of a low quality, pale in places and not as crisp as I would expect it to be. My set up from the Sky box to the LCD is through Scart cables. Is there any way that I can improve my picture as it is currently somewhat dissapointing. Please advise........

Prime

This is one of the downsides of the technology at the moment, it just shows many of the flaws that the picture has inherently that a CRT covered up.

Buying a better quality Scart cable may help a bit, and make sure your box is set to output on RGB, and you have connected to the RGB scart terminal in on the TV itself.
Make sure sharpness is turned down, and I find that the "Dynamic Gamma" setting on my lc32ga6e helps with some of colour issues.

bear in mind Sky channels use various compression rates for each channel. Channel 5 is one of the best pictures you get, but a lot of the samller channels will be worse.

S

Super Novice

Would a scart to component converter make any difference to the quality of the picture?.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom