Sharp LC37GA9E or Tosh WL66?

M

Malfeas

I shall be buying a 37 LCD tv in the very near future and have pretty much rounded it down to the toshiba wl66 or the sharp lc37ga9e. There are reviews aplenty for the toshiba and all sing its praises although it does tend to be a "not perfect but excellent for the money" kind of summing up. The only other contender (i.e 37 inches and has 2 hdmi connections) seems to be this newish sharp lc37ga9e. Sharp used to be known as top quality when it came to lcd but maybe not the case anymore? I cant find any reviews on the sharp at all which is why I post here. Can anyone tell me what its like? Is it worth the extra pennies or should I stick with the cheaper and tried and tested toshiba? Any help most appreciated. :lease:

M

Malfeas

Still down to these 2 screens and looking likely to go for cheaper option of the toshiba. Cant believe no one on here knows anything about the Sharp. Any info better than nothing - pretty please!! :rolleyes:

A

asherpat

I am talking as an owner of Sharp 37" P series, not the full HD, but ealier this year I have seen in Tokyo quite a few LCDs side by side, incl what is possibly the panels that you are looking at. You can look at my thread "I have seen the future of TV in Akihabara" (i cant find the link now).

After that, I went for Sharp, cos Sharp had the best picture quality of all other LCDs - slightly but better than the Toshiba panels, but admittedly, toshiba were the best behind Sharp.

Also, pls note that Toshiba panels are made by a Taiwanese giant OEM supplier, whereas Shapr makes its own LCD panels.

Top Bottom